RA 5.0 serum should only be used once a 3% retinoic acid product (serum or cream) was finished to assess the skin’s tolerability and also to prepare the skin for nearly double the dose of retinoid.
Instructions for use
Nighttime use only!
After cleansing and drying skin, apply 2-3 small pea size drops of the serum onto your skin with the dropper.
Massage lightly to spread it over your skin and allow it to penetrate.
Apply a NON-retinoid containing night cream over top of your serum.
It is essential to wash the skin in the morning and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen
- Always start with an RA product that contains 3% RA and complete a container to assess your skins tolerability to RA before upgrading the RA 5.0 Serum.
- As retinoids are well known for their sun-sensitising effects, we do advise that you wash off any excess product in the morning. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen containing an SPF of 30 or more daily.
- Stop use of the product 3 days before and 5 days after resurfacing and other in-office treatments
- Do NOT use during pregnancy
- The tight feeling after the first few nights of application is a normal result and will resolve spontaneously. You might also find that your skin is more heat-sensitive in the first few weeks of use.
- If your skin feels very sensitive, phase the product in by using it only every third night for a week, then every second night for a week and only if your skin is tolerating the product go up to every night. (3-2-1 Introduction)
- Do not use products containing ascorbic acid and retinoic acid in the same application. (Use ascorbic acid in the morning and retinoid in the evening)